Looking out the window, watching the snow fall makes many of us at the co-op want to be home, curled up on the couch with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa.
Others of us want to be outside, feeling the flakes on our faces, because we know that our homes will feel so much warmer when we go inside.
No matter which of these camps you fall into, it’s hard to deny the draw to comfort that a snowy day brings. Here, we offer some tips to make your winter warmer.
Our top 5 hot chocolate mix-ins:
- For peanut butter cup hot chocolate, put a little spoon of smooth peanut butter in the pan while you heat the hot chocolate -let it dissolve.
- Real. Whipped. Cream. (We love Cedar Summit organic.)
- Stir the hot chocolate with an all natural candy cane for a minty essence
- Make your hot cocoa with 1/2 Thai Kitchen organic coconut milk and 1/2 any other dairy or non-dairy milk. It’s lightly coconutty and oh so rich!
- For adult hot chocolate, add a splash of Knob Creek maple bourbon. Enough said.
With that cup of hot chocolate warming your hands, it’s time to get cozy. Our favorite ways are:
- game night!
- movie marathon
- work a jigsaw puzzle
- finish that knitting project
- spend some quality time in the kitchen. Visit our recipe page for inspiration.
Ready to go back out into the snow? Saint Paul’s Winter Carnival is just around the corner. You can purchase carnival buttons at both of our stores.
And, during the carnival, January 23-February 2, you’ll receive 25¢ off any hot drink from the deli if you’re wearing your button.
We’ll come to you!
Remember that on days when the roads are dicey and you don’t want to take off your slippers, we can come to you, too. Mississippi Market at your door is designed to be a helping hand. Simply order your groceries online, schedule your delivery time, and we’ll bring them right to you.