Sign up to take the Challenge in our stores or online. Anyone can take the Challenge – you set your own goal to bring as many local foods to your plate as you like. We’ll be giving prizes away each week in August!
Whether you’re trying a new local cheese, making one meal a week with local foods – or maybe one meal a day – or going all in 100%, we hope you’ll discover what our local growers have to offer.
By signing up for the challenge, you could win St. Paul Saints tickets, cookbooks by local authors, a local cheese spread or a wagon (to haul home all that fresh, local produce). You’ll also receive weekly e-newsletters that will share our favorite local items, recipes and profiles of our local growers. Plus, setting your own goal for the challenge makes it do-able for everyone! We won’t be the “local food police”- you can go at your own pace.
How to get started:
- Sign up in either of our produce departments in August or online
- Read your weekly Eat Local e-newsletters
- Look for special deals and samples of local foods all month
- Write a thank you note to a farmer at the card station
- Look for our “discover local” symbol for easy shopping
- Try our deli’s dishes made with local ingredients
- Take a photo of your meal that features local foods and tag us on Instagram (@msmarketcoop with #eatlocalSTP)
One of Mississippi Market’s overall goals is to strengthen our local food system by connecting our shoppers to local growers and producers. We define “local” as food and products grown, produced or processed with the 5 state area – Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and the Dakotas. Look for the “Discover Local” tags on our shelves – they help you find the local products we carry.
More resources on local eating can be found at StrongerTogether.coop