Mississippi Market gives back to our community through these major initiatives:
- Offering a wide range of classes on healthy eating and sustainable living.
- Sponsoring community events and programs that align with the co-op’s mission.
- Donating over $10,000 per month to local non-profit organizations in reusable bag credits and round up donations through the Positive Change program.
- Donating gift cards to over 200 area schools, non-profits and other local organizations each fiscal year through the co-op’s Community Donation program.
- During the annual Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign, the co-op encourages shoppers to round up purchases at the register to support five local food shelves. Donations typically reach 18,000-20,000 combined dollars/pounds of food throughout the month.
- Donating surplus produce and packaged foods to local food shelves throughout the year, reducing food waste.
- Educating elementary school students about healthy eating and sustainable living through support and sponsorship of Midwest Food Connection.
- Offering store tours for schools and other community organizations for free! Topics include: supporting local farmers, healthy eating for kids, introduction to co-ops, sustainability and food waste, and shopping on a budget.
To request a store tour, inquire about a sponsorship, propose a class topic, or apply for a donation, please contact Katie Marty, Education & Events Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-310-9499.
To request a gift card for an upcoming community event through our Community Donation Program, please read our Donation Policy & Request Form and either drop off, mail, or email the form at least two weeks prior to your event.
To apply to become a Positive Change recipient, please visit the Positive Change program page for our donation guidelines, timeline, and more information on the application process.
Our West 7th Street and East 7th Street stores both have classrooms available for non-profit rentals on Mondays, Fridays, and Sundays for a small fee. Please see our user agreement for more information about this service.