Our Community Donation program provides small gifts to neighborhood non-profits to use to purchase food for meetings or in silent auctions.
We recognize there are many causes worthy of our support, but we feel that focusing our resources to a few areas has more impact. Some organizations that have received gift cards through our Community Donation program include:
- Gardening Matters
- St Catherine’s University – Food Justice Coalition
- Cathedral Hill Montessori School
- West 7th Community Center
- Community Design Center of MN
- Dodge Nature Center
- Obama Elementary
When considering a potential donation, Mississippi Market looks at the following criteria:
- Is the organization in line with our mission?
- Is the organization within St. Paul or the surrounding community?
- When has the organization last received a donation from Mississippi Market? Donations are generally granted to organizations once during the co-op’s fiscal year. (July-June)