Joining Mississippi Market Co-op is easy! Simply drop by any of our three store locations and ask one of our cashiers for a membership agreement. Fill out the requested information and choose either a one-time stock investment of $90, a payment plan, or a LIME membership.
To become a member-owner of Mississippi Market Co-op means choosing to follow a strong tradition – maintaining access to high quality food and other natural products, joining with neighbors to build a stronger community, and supporting a sustainable regional economy.
Regardless of whether you decide to join our co-op or not, you are always welcome in our stores. Everyone is welcome to shop at the co-op!
You may be surprised…
- Everyone is welcome to shop, anyone can join!
- The $90 stock purchase is a one-time investment, NOT an annual fee
- There is no requirement to volunteer your time or work at the co-op
- The payment plan spreads your investment over 2 years and you can pay early anytime
- The Limited Income Membership Entry (LIME) program welcomes those on a limited income to become members for only $12. LIME program participants receive a 10% discount on their groceries everyday.
- Fully paid memberships are refundable if you should ever move away or change your mind
Benefits of Membership
- Support a business that is dedicated to strengthening our local food system
- Save up to $60.00 a year with bi-monthly 10% discounts – that nearly pays for the membership!
- Celebrate with 10% off on Member-Owner Appreciation Day
- Receive the Market Medley member-owner newsletter containing sustainable agriculture stories, local farmer profiles, seasonal recipes, classes and events, news and more!
- Earn patronage dividends during profitable years, as declared by our board of directors
- Vote for our board of directors and apply to run for a board seat
- Save on Owner Deals – weekly sales just for member-owners at Mississippi Market
- Enjoy discounts on classes at Mississippi Market
- Attend our Annual Member-Owner Meeting