Local, Thousand Hills stew meat is on sale for $8.99 through January 12- it’s the perfect time to heat up the stove and make enough for warming leftover for the days to come.
Hearty Beef Stew
Ingredients (serves 10)
2 lbs. cubed beef stew meat
3 Tbsp. canola oil
4 cubes (4 tsp.) beef bouillon, crumbled
4 cups water
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. cold water
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown.
2. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot.
3. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
5. Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot.
6. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew.
7. Cover and simmer 1 hour more.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Grass-fed beef from Grass Run Farms
We work with Grass Run Farms to provide you with the best quality, fairly-priced, local grass-fed beef around. Visit our blog to learn more about Grass Run Farms.
Mississippi Market strives to support local, organic, antibiotic-free and hormone-free meat producers, knowing exactly where our meats come from and how the animals were raised. In fact, about 90% of the meat we purchase comes from local producers or locally-owned businesses! Our West 7th store location offers a full-service meat counter serving locally produced beef, pork, and lamb that are all cut and ground in-house.
Since our in-house butchers at the West 7th store and East 7th store provide fresh cuts to the Selby store, you’ll be able to find what you are looking for at all of our locations.