Summer Sun & Bug protection
Our Wellness team gets asked for their recommendations on sunscreen and natural bug sprays all summer long. Here is a list of their favorites.
There are 2 kinds of sunscreen available these days:
- The kind with chemicals that absorb the sun’s rays
- The kind with minerals that reflect the sun’s rays
Mississippi Market recommends the ones that reflect the rays, all of which contain zinc-oxide
#1 – Badger natural & organic sunscreens
- 90+% of ingredients are certified organic
- Really quality line, including a couple water sports sunscreen, a baby sunscreen & a sun & bug sunscreen
#2 Purple Prairie SunStuff
- A customer favorite that performs nicely
- Made locally in Clearwater MN
#3 Devita – A favorite!
- High performing
- Face sunscreen & body sunscreen available
- Rubs in really nicely – demo
All essential oil based – great for kids & people with sensitive skin, no harsh chemicals
- Shake & spray makes for easy application
- 100% organic
#2 Purple Prairie Bug Stuff
- Our gardener loves this one
- It’s a local product – made right here in MN
- Purple Prairie also says that you can use this to sooth bug bites & poison ivy
#3 Veriditas – a concentrated mix of essential oils blended locally by local formulator – Melissa Faris
- Put a couple drops into water or
- Add it to a lotion that you already use
- Since you’re mixing it yourself you can make lighter blend for evening walks & a stronger one for those Boundry Waters camping trips.
Each of our stores stock a wide variety of dietary supplements and remedies, including vitamins, minerals, homeopathic remedies, herbs, probiotics, and more. We also carry a large variety of natural personal care products, such as soaps, deodorants, and cosmetics. All of these products, to the best of our knowledge, have not been tested on animals. We also offer many vegetarian and vegan options as alternatives to traditional animal-based supplements.
Check out our Wellness Wednesdays! Every second Wednesday of the month take 10% off all supplements & visit with vendors in our stores.