Join your co-op community at our Annual Meeting & Celebration!
Wednesday, October 23, 2019 | 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Midpointe Event Center | 415 Pascal Street N., Saint Paul
Mississippi Market member-owners are invited to enjoy tasty food samples from some of our favorite local farmers and producers while meeting upcoming Positive Change recipients. Youth interns and staff from Urban Roots will speak about the importance of healthy, local, sustainable food. Afterwards, enjoy an appetizer made with produce from their urban farm and a full catered meal provided by Birchwood Café. Plus, hear co-op updates from your board and general manager, and learn the results of this year’s board of directors election.
A $5 reservation fee per person is required and includes dinner, plus two drink tickets for your choice of beer, wine, or non-alcoholic beverages. Your registration fee will be reimbursed as a $5 Mississippi Market gift certificate receivable at the event.
*Space is limited. Cancellations must be received at least 72 hours prior to the event to receive a refund.
5:30-6:00 p.m. – Last Chance to Vote
6:00-7:00 p.m. – Annual Meeting Program
7:00-8:30 p.m. – Reception and Celebration
- Urban Roots youth interns and staff as guest speakers
- An appetizer made with Urban Roots’ locally grown produce
- A delicious catered meal from Birchwood Café
- Organic wine provided by community partner The Wine Thief
- Local, organic beer from Bang Brewing, featuring a special brew made with Urban Roots produce
- Meet and greet with local farmers, producers, and Positive Change recipients
- Live music provided by Grant West, Co-Founder of Walker|West Music Academy
- Raffle prizes including a Bear Tree hammock, Honest Tea cooler, Annie’s tent, and more
Catered by Birchwood Café (gluten-free and vegan options available)
Hot Sandwich Bar
- Your choice of: Piri Piri Braised Chicken, BBQ Pulled Pork, or Black Bean Quinoa Burger
- Optional toppings of pickled onions, pickled cucumbers, garlic mayo, Piri Piri sauce, and Urban Roots micro greens
- Served with a pumpkin maple vinaigrette
Cumin Apple Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa, millet, squash, kale, red onion, apple, and cumin apple vinaigrette
Mississippi Market Made Desserts
- Your choice of chocolate chip pumpkin bars, chocolate brownies, or vegan granola bars
Support our efforts to make this a sustainable, zero waste event by carpooling, ridesharing, bicycling, or taking public transit.
- Limited, free parking is available at MidPointe Event Center.
- Midpointe Event Center is located just off University Avenue and Pascal Street, about three blocks southeast of the Snelling Avenue Green Line light rail station.
- For bus routes, the hi-frequency A line, route 21 and route 84 all stop at the intersection of University and Snelling Avenues.
- Bike racks can be found surrounding the MN United soccer stadium.