Dear Mississippi Market Co-op Community,
We continue to adapt our business to the changing reality of operating a grocery store during a pandemic. I am extremely proud of the way our employees have stepped up to the plate and showed a willingness to work so hard and adapt during this difficult time.
Effective March 9th, we put in place a $2 per hour bonus program for hourly staff to recognize the important role they’ve played during these difficult times. We all recognize how stressful this is and recognize the importance of our front line team members. We also appreciate Governor Walz’s recognition of grocery workers as tier 2 emergency personnel in their efforts to keep our community fed.
Additionally, the following safety procedures are in effect beginning Friday, March 20th:
AT THE REGISTER
- We are happy to continue bagging your groceries in our brown paper bags. If you would like to bring in your own reusable bags, we ask that you bag your groceries.
- We will continue to accept cash but encourage you to either buy a co-op gift card, which you can refill, or use a credit card for your purchases. The more we can limit contact with each other, the better!
IN THE AISLES
- Look for changes in our bulk department as we pre-bag items presently available in scoop bins. Please continue to use single-use scoops for bulk herbs and teas.
- Based on our supply, expect to see quantity restrictions on certain high-volume items.
- We have removed the majority of sale information from our website. We will continue to offer sales but there is uncertainty of what will be available.
SPECIAL ORDERS, RETURNS & HOLDS
- Due to the on-going supply issues and out-of-stocks, we are no longer able to accept special orders.
- We are unable to hold items for customers.
- We are not accepting orders or payment over the phone at this time and are not shopping for our customers.
- We are also no longer accepting returns, with the exception of product quality issues.
As a reminder, please continue to practice social distancing when shopping by maintaining a distance of at least six feet between yourself, other shoppers, and co-op employees. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, please self-quarantine and stay home for the safety of others. Thank you for your continued support.
Interim General Manager