International Women’s Day (IWD) on March 8 is a “a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.” Observed since the early 20th century, IWD is an annual celebration of women and a call to accelerate gender equality through a show of unity, solidarity, reflection, advocacy, and action.
This year, celebrate IWD at the co-op by supporting inspiring female food businesses while sampling and shopping limited-time-only sales on their delicious products. Meet the incredible women farmers, makers, and producers behind some of your favorite co-op items during a free Tasting Event at all three stores. Afterwards, enjoy a celebratory evening of storytelling and samples with the women behind Bare Honey, Saint Paul Bagelry, and The Buttered Tin.
International Women’s Day Tasting Event
Friday, March 8 | 3:00–6:00 p.m. | All stores
Free to Everyone
Meet makers from several women-owned and -operated businesses while sampling their delicious eats. Makers will vary by store location.
- Angelica’s Garden (Elmwood, Wis.)
- Raw sauerkraut, kimchi, curtido and other fermented veggies
- The Beez Kneez (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Local, raw, wildflower honey and mustard
- Darling Pickle Dips (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Fresh, zesty, gluten-free cream cheese, veggie and white bean dips
- Gustola Granola (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Premium small-batch granolas
- NessAlla Kombucha (Madison, Wis.)
- Raw, organic, craft-brewed kombucha
- Pam’s Pepper Jams (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Flavorful, gluten-free pepper jams
- Peace Coffee (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Organic, fair-trade, fresh roasted coffee beans
- Planet Princess (Saint Paul, Minn.)
- Gluten-free, grain-free buns
- Roots Essential (Wayzata, Minn.)
- High quality, vegan sourced essential oils and body care products
- Saint Paul Bagelry (Saint Paul, Minn.)
- Freshly made-from-scratch New York-style bagels
- Salad Girl (Willernie, Minn.)
- Organic, gluten-free and soy-free salad dressings
- Seattle Chocolates (Seattle, Wash.)
- Premium chocolate bars and truffles
- Superior Switchel (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Organic apple cider vinegar and ginger elixirs
- And more!
An Evening Celebrating Women in Food
An International Women’s Day Panel
Friday, March 8 | 7:00–8:30 p.m. | East 7th store
Share in an intimate evening hearing the stories behind several women-owned food businesses, featuring Bare Honey, Saint Paul Bagelry, and The Buttered Tin. Learn how they got started, what makes them unique, and how you can support and empower local female food entrepreneurs. Samples of their delicious products will be provided.