Mississippi Market Co-op takes the threat of potential impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19) seriously, and we want you to know the health and safety of our staff and community is our first priority right now. We are closely monitoring the situation and will follow the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to protect our staff and shoppers as best as we are able.
Here are some of the steps we have taken:
- Provided sanitizing wipes near the carts and at the registers for our staff.
- Ordered additional sanitizing and disinfecting products and increased frequency of sanitation, especially in high-traffic areas.
- Provided guidance to staff to stay home from work when sick.
- Worked to ensure staff who miss work due to COVID-19 or quarantine will have the paid time off they need to recover and return to work.
- Provided additional training and signage for staff on proper hand washing protocol.
- Cancelled all trainings through March and all events and classes through April.
- Discontinued all in-store sampling until further notice, including sample cups from our hot bar and soup areas.
- Evaluated internal meetings on a case-by-case basis.
- Removed wellness testers that come in direct contact with skin.
- Discontinued allowing customers to use personal containers for made-to-order beverages. Shoppers can still use personal containers for self-serve coffee.
We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure we have the essentials you are seeking, like pantry staples, cleaning supplies, and health and body care items. Please be aware that some items may be in short supply and we are working diligently to get these items back in stock.
We will continue working together to ensure our stores remain clean and safe spaces for you and for our staff, and to continue providing you with healthy food and wellness products. Thank you for choosing our co-op.
For more information and updates on coronavirus, please visit the Minnesota Department of Health’s website.