Dear Mississippi Market Co-op Community,
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is unlike any infectious disease that we’ve seen in our lifetimes. Since it is a respiratory virus, and not a foodborne illness, we need to think differently about how we clean our stores and practice social distancing to maintain the health and well-being of all shoppers and staff.
These are the latest store procedures, updated as of August 13. These operational procedures are being taken to protect our community from the potential spread of this infectious disease. Customer and employee safety remain our highest priority.
- Fresh-baked goods will be pre-bagged. This includes cookies, muffins and bagels.
- Salad bars will temporarily close until further notice and we will move to prepackaged products.
- Hot bars at our stores will temporarily close. Key items will be available in our deli grab-and-go cases.
- Hot Sandwich Menu: a limited menu is available. Order a Turkey Pesto Melt, Cubano, or Roasted Portobello & Chevre sandwich at the deli.
- As experts learn more about COVID-19, CDC guidance indicates objects and surfaces are not a primary vector for coronavirus spread. We welcome the return of clean, reusable containers in the bulk department as of July.
- When buying bulk teas, herbs and spices, please continue to only use one clean scoop per item.
- We are increasing the number of times we rigorously sanitize bulk bin handles and scoops on a daily basis.
SPECIAL ORDERS & OUT-OF-STOCKS
- As of July, special orders can be placed on most items. Some items such as paper & cleaning supplies are excluded.
- Due to increasing vendor out-of-stocks, please limit your purchases of individual items as you are able. We encourage you to forgo stocking up unnecessarily on products as this increase in demand negatively impacts future supply.
- All café seating areas will close temporarily until further notice.
- To the extent possible, please practice social distancing while shopping and make every effort to remain at least six feet from employees and other shoppers.
- Co-op staff will be notified to practice social distancing on the sales floor and in back-of-house facilities.
- We will continue with regular store hours at this time. We reserve the first hour of the day for our senior and immune compromised shoppers.
Thank you for your patience and diligence during these challenging times. By working together, and following these procedures, we’ll have a much better chance of ensuring everyone remains healthy as this public health crisis unfolds. If you exhibit any symptoms, including cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, a runny nose, nausea, or a fever above 100.4, please stay home for the safety of co-op shoppers and staff.
Interim General Manager