Dear Mississippi Market Co-op Community,
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is unlike any infectious disease that we’ve seen in our lifetimes. Since it is a respiratory virus, and not a foodborne illness, we need to think differently about how we clean our stores and practice social distancing to maintain the health and well-being of all shoppers and staff.
As of Tuesday, March 17th, the following procedures will be implemented across all three store locations, effective immediately. These operational procedures are being taken to protect our community from the potential spread of this infectious disease. Customer and employee safety remain our highest priority.
- Fresh-baked goods will be pre-bagged. This includes cookies, muffins and bagels.
- Salad bars will temporarily close until further notice and we will move to prepackaged products.
- Hot bars at our East and West 7th stores will temporarily close. Key items will be available in our deli grab-and-go cases.
- The hot bar at our Selby store will remain open but will switch from being self-serve to service-only. Please ask deli staff if you would like food from the hot bar at Selby.
- Hot soups will be limited to two varieties per day and will become service-only behind deli counters instead of self-serve.
- Food has not been shown to transmit COVID-19, but hard surfaces such as metal and glass can. In the interest of public safety, please do not bring in any reusable containers to purchase bulk items.
- When buying bulk teas, herbs and spices, please continue to only use one clean scoop per item.
- We are increasing the number of times we rigorously sanitize bulk bin handles and scoops on a daily basis.
SPECIAL ORDERS & OUT-OF-STOCKS
- Due to the increasing uncertainty of supply chains, we are no longer accepting special orders at this time.
- Due to increasing vendor out-of-stocks, please limit your purchases of individual items as you are able. We encourage you to forgo stocking up unnecessarily on products as this increase in demand negatively impacts future supply.
- All café seating areas will close temporarily until further notice.
- To the extent possible, please practice social distancing while shopping and make every effort to remain at least six feet from employees and other shoppers.
- Co-op staff will be notified to practice social distancing on the sales floor and in back-of-house facilities.
- We will maintain regular store hours at this time. This is subject to change as required; you will be informed promptly if anything changes.
Thank you for your patience and diligence during these challenging times. By working together, and following these procedures, we’ll have a much better chance of ensuring everyone remains healthy as this public health crisis unfolds. If you exhibit any symptoms, including cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, a runny nose, nausea, or a fever above 100.4, please stay home for the safety of co-op shoppers and staff.
Interim General Manager