Indigenous Foods Class Series – Wild Rice (virtual class)
November 7th at 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Instructor: Derek Nicholas and Hope Flanagan | Free
Location: Your Home
Co-op Community Conversations presents:
Indigenous Foods Class Series
We are honored to partner again this year with local members of Indigenous-led organizations Dream of Wild Health, Division of Indian Work, Gatherings Café, and American Indian Family Center to share their knowledge through a series of cooking and lecture workshops.
These six classes will all focus on a different recipes using traditional ingredients. We will learn how to make delicious meals, drinks, medicines, and desserts as instructors share their expertise on sourcing, sustainability, and environmental impacts on local and native-grown foods.
Free virtual classes all 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Note- you will need to register for each class. You can find all of the class links at msmarket.coop/event
- Thursday, Nov 3 – Cushaw Squash, Walleye, and Blue Corn with Brian Yazzie (Yazzie the Chef, Gatherings Cafe)
- Monday, Nov 7- Wild Rice with Derek Nicholas (Division of Indian Work), Hope Flanagan (Dream of Wild Health)
- Thursday, Nov 10- Squash and Maple Syrup with Vanessa Casillas, Hope Flanagan (Dream of Wild Health)
- Tuesday, Nov 15- Wild Rice and Hazelnuts with Alanna Norris, Hope Flanagan (Dream of Wild Health)
- Tuesday, Nov 22- Nettles with Derek Nicholas (Division of Indian Work), Hope Flanagan (Dream of Wild Health)
- Tuesday, Nov 29- Squash and Maple Syrup with youth leaders with American Indian Family Center
The event series “Co-op Community Conversations: Exploring the intersection of racial, social, and food justice” is presented by Seward Community Co-op, Eastside Food Co-op, Mississippi Market Food Co-op, and Twin Cities Co-op Partners as a way to examine and connect our cooperative values with social justice movements