Create Positive Change
Each time you shop at the co-op, you have a chance to directly support local community partners by donating your 10-cent reusable bag credits and rounding up your purchases to the nearest dollar. It may only be a few cents or spare change, but your generosity makes a huge impact — to the tune of over $10,000 each month for our Positive Change recipients!
March’s Positive Change recipient is Minnesota FoodShare, a program that provides food, funds and educational materials to nearly 300 food shelves across the state. The annual Minnesota FoodShare campaign is the largest food and fund drive in the state and has been operating annually since 1982. This year, 1 in 8 households in Minnesota are struggling with food insecurity and 1 in 5 children struggles with hunger. March’s Positive Change funds will combat hunger and food insecurity by helping restock five local Saint Paul food shelves.
One hundred percent of donations will directly support five Saint Paul food shelves, including:
- Hallie Q. Brown Community Center
- Keystone Community Services
- Interfaith Action’s Department of Indian Work
- Neighborhood House
- Merrick Community Services
Mississippi Market’s Minnesota FoodShare campaign goal is a combined 20,000 dollars raised/pounds of food donated. Check out these additional fun ways to support the campaign this year:
- Mississippi Market will match all donations up to $10,000!
- Equal Exchange is also donating $1 of every pound of bulk Love Buzz coffee to support our five local food shelves.
- We are hosting a Food Drive event on March 27 at all three of our store locations. Bring in at least one food donation and receive a coupon for a future shopping trip!
On average, our local food shelves have experienced a 300-400% increase in demand for food shelf usage since COVID-19 began. This year, donations are needed more than ever to support those experiencing hunger in our community. Join us in the fight against hunger!