- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/2 cup brie, rind removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot with boiling water. Boil 30 minutes, or until a fork can be pierced easily in the center of the largest potato. Move potatoes to a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the caramelized onions. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until they are browned and caramelized.
- Mash the hot potatoes with a potato masher until there are no visible lumps. Add the butter and brie and stir until melted and incorporated. Stir in 1/4 cup milk, adding more if needed for desired texture. Then mix in caramelized onions and sage. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Share this Recipe