Get your crew together and grab ingredients for Game Day guacamole! Here are three versions of this fan-favorite dip to prep for Super Bowl Sunday. Pair your freshly made guacamole with local tortilla chips from La Perla or Whole Grain Milling Co.
8 ripe avocados
1 small red onion
5 green onions
5 cloves of garlic
2-3 serrano peppers (red or green)
1 cup of cilantro
1 large tomato
2 medium limes
Salt to taste
- Chop up the onion, cilantro and tomato. Set aside.
- Mince serrano peppers and garlic. Set aside.
- Take your limes and roll them around to get the juices going, then cut in halves.
- Cut avocados in half and discard the seed. Scoop out the green goodness in a large bowl. Squeeze a little lime juice on each avocado after putting it in the bowl to keep from browning.
- Mash avocados with a fork until creamy or to the texture of your liking.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Add the rest of your lime juice and salt for taste.
- Sit back and enjoy the beautiful guacamole you just created. Don’t forget to share!
4 ripe avocados
¾ tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
½ red onion
1 jalapeño pepper
2 large roma tomatoes
4 cloves garlic
4 Tbsp. cilantro
- Chop up avocados.
- Squeeze lime into avocados.
- Mince onion, pepper, tomato, garlic and cilantro and combine with avocados and lime juice.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Enjoy!
5 ripe avocados
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (heaping) tsp. ground cumin, preferably fresh ground
2-3 serrano chilies, seeded & finely chopped
2 ripe roma (or medium slicing tomato), chopped
1 lime, juiced
1/3-1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mash. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- For fuller flavor from serrano chilies, pan roast them in a dry skillet until skin is blackened and blistered.
- Add chilies one at a time, tasting in between, to find the right spice level.