Get your crew together and grab ingredients for Game Day guacamole! Here, we share three guacamole recipes – one from a produce expert at each of our three stores – to prep for Superbowl Sunday. We recommend pairing your freshly made guacamole with organic corn tortilla chips from local producer Whole Grain Milling Company or Garden of Eatin’.
8 Hass Avocados
1 small Red Onion
5 stalks of Green Onions
5 cloves of garlic
2-3 Serrano peppers( I prefer the red ones, green will do just fine)
Cup of Cilantro
1 large Tomato
2 medium limes
Salt to taste
- Chop up all of your onions, cilantro, and tomato. Set aside.
- Mince Serrano peppers and garlic. Set aside.
- Take your limes and roll them around to get the juices going, then cut in halves.
- Cut avocados in half and discard the seed. Scoop out the green goodness in a large bowl. *Squeeze a little lime juice on each avocado after putting them in the bowl to keep from browning*
- Mash avocados with a fork until creamy or to the texture of your liking.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Add the rest of your lime juice and salt for taste.
- Sit back and enjoy the beautiful guacamole you just created. Don’t forget to share!
4 ripe avocados
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ red onion
1 jalapeno pepper
2 large roma tomatoes
4 cloves garlic
4 tablespoon cilantro
- Chop up avocados.
- Squeeze lime into avocados.
- Mince onion, pepper, tomato, garlic, and cilantro and combine with avocados and lime juice.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Enjoy!
5 ripe Hass avocados
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (heaping) tsp. ground cumin, preferably fresh ground
2-3 Serrano chilies, seeded & finely chopped
2 ripe Roma (or medium slicing tomato), chopped
1 lime, juiced
1/3-1/2 cups cilantro, rough chopped
Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mash. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- For fuller flavor from Serrano chilies, pan roast them in a dry skillet until skin is blackened and blistered.
- Add chilies one at a time, tasting in between, to find the right spice level.