- Wireless internet
- The seating capacity is 25 people at 7 movable tables
- Smart TV with HDMI cable hookup for slide or video presentation
- Teleconferencing is available upon request and might be subject to an additional fee based on the technological skills needed to support your group
Availability and Rental Fees
Community rooms are available to rent from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. for 2-hour blocks. Each 2-hour block is available to rent for a flat fee of $25. Room availability depends on the co-op’s regular meetings, class, and event calendar.
- Community groups and nonprofits may book a date up to two months in advance.
- Our community rooms are unavailable on Tuesdays between 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Regular weekly meetings may be scheduled at the discretion of Mississippi Market staff. Priority will be made for groups renting once per month to allow equitable access to the community space
To qualify for our Community Room Rental, nonprofit organizations and community groups must:
- Agree not to bring in outside food; groups are welcome to utilize the store or order catering. All renters are eligible for 10% off any catering order through Mississippi Market
- Agree to follow guidelines as outlined in the community room user agreement
- Be non-discriminatory based on any legally recognized category, including race, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or physical disability
- Our classroom may not be used to advance a particular religious belief
- Our classroom may not be used to sell or promote a particular product or service, for classes or other for-profit use
- Our classroom may not be used for a political group in support of individual candidates for political office
To Rent a Community Room
Step 1: Complete an online community room request form at least two weeks in advance of your meeting date to determine availability.
Step 2: A co-op staff member will contact you within five business days of receiving your online request to confirm if you are able to rent the room.
Step 3: After receiving confirmation from co-op staff, you’ll be invited to sign and submit a user agreement form along with a $25 payment for each 2-hour block of time you are requesting to rent. The agreement form and payment must be received within 7 days of your rental request or your rental request will be considered void.
Note: Community Rooms are officially reserved only when the co-op has received your online payment and signed user agreement form. The payment is non-refundable but transferable to a new date within 1 year of purchase.