Please fill out the following form to request a community classroom rental. Classrooms are available for rental at both our East 7th and West 7th stores. Before submitting your community classroom rental request, please review, sign, and email a completed Classroom User Agreement form.
Once submitted, you will be contacted by a Mississippi Market staff member to complete your reservation. We are happy to accept rental payment by cash, check, or credit card in person or by credit over the phone. Classrooms are officially reserved only when the co-op has received your registration payment and a signed user agreement.
Classrooms are available on Mondays and Fridays from 5:00-8:00 p.m. and on weekends, depending on availability. Reservations are for 3 hour blocks and no more than 2 blocks (6 hours total) may be reserved on any one day.
Classroom Rental Fees
A use fee, payable in advance, of $10 for each block of three hours or less is charged to groups without a formal budget (for example, a quilting group). Groups with a formal budget (typically registered non-profit organizations) will be charged a use fee of $20 for each block of 3 hours or less.
Rules for Classroom Use
Mississippi Market reserves the right to refuse future community classroom reservations if a group or any member fails to follow these rules:
- Food and drink are permitted, provided that they are purchased at Mississippi Market.
- Community classrooms are not available for for-profit use (i.e. paid classes, lectures, personal business).
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No amplified music or other noise outside of classrooms is permitted.
- Persons using classrooms must park on the street. Parking lot and priority spaces are reserved for co-op shoppers.
- Classrooms must be left clean and in the same condition as found prior to use.
- Classroom kitchen facilities may be used only if an orientation has been scheduled with Mississippi Market’s Education & Events Specialist prior to the event.
We encourage class instructors to fill out a class proposal form for inclusion in the Mississippi Market education program, rather than renting the room independently. Only classes included in the education program may bear Mississippi Market’s logo and endorsement.