Chicken Sausage with Orzo
- 3 Italian-style chicken sausages, sliced
- 1 cup orzo
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 oz. fresh spinach
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook for 2 minutes per side until browned.
- Add garlic and orzo and stir for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add broth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed and orzo is cooked, stirring every few minutes.
- Turn off heat and toss with spinach.
Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pumpkin purée
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 large red chili pepper, diced
- Over medium heat, cook the curry paste in a large saucepan for 1-2 minutes. Add broth and pumpkin and stir.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add coconut milk and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with red chilis.
Turkey Gnocchi Skillet
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 16 oz. potato gnocchi
- 5 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 bunch kale, chopped with ribs removed
- Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add the butternut squash and half of the coconut milk to the pan and cover. Cook over medium-low heat for about 8-10 minutes, until the butternut squash is cooked, and remove from heat.
- Add butternut squash mixture to a blender and the remaining half of the coconut milk — season with salt and pepper as desired. Blend until creamy, and set aside.
- Add the turkey to the skillet and brown over medium heat. Add gnocchi and kale once browned and sauté together for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat and serve.