- 4 apples peeled, cored & quartered
- 4 pears peeled, cored & quartered
- 3/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Heat on low for approximately 6 hours. Slow cooker times may vary.
- Once finished, remove cinnamon stick from slow cooker. Use an immersion blender to puree some of the fruit and then stir. You can also cool the mixture and puree in a blender or food processor for a thinner sauce.
- This recipe is delicious over plain Greek yogurt, oatmeal or enjoyed on its own.
Recipe adapted from ohmyveggies.com.
Share this Recipe