- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup neutral oil, such as avocado or olive oil
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 small apples, peeled and diced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cake pan (8- or 9-inch) or cast iron skillet (10-inch) with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, applesauce, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in diced apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pan/skillet.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is set. Remove from the oven and cool.
Adapted from livelytable.com.
You can easily use white whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, if you prefer.
Share this Recipe