- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1/2 each red and yellow peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 4 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz. canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 3-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the sesame and canola oils over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the carrots and onions for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic, ginger, and peppers and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and asparagus and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the asparagus is just beginning to get tender.
- Add sauce, toss well with the vegetables, and heat through. Serve warm over steamed rice.
Add leftover cooked meats, seaweed, tofu, or seitan if you'd like!
Share this Recipe