- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 lb queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 12 10-inch corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, jalapeño, and red pepper, and sauté another 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the spices and cook for one minute.
- Add the black beans, tomato, corn, salt and cilantro, and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and gently mash the mixture with the back of a spoon or a potato masher so the mixture sticks together. The beans do not need to be entirely mashed. Gently stir in the queso fresco, and set aside.
- Warm the tortillas in a clean, damp towel in the microwave for a few seconds until warm and pliable. Brush one side of a tortilla with vegetable oil, flip tortilla over and place 1-2 tablespoons of filling near one edge of the tortilla. Roll up the tortilla gently but tightly and place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat until all tortillas are filled. Bake 10-15 minutes, checking frequently, until tortillas begin to crisp and hold their shape. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe from strongertogether.coop
Share this Recipe