- 1/2 cup dry quinoa (red or white)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare quinoa by rinsing thoroughly with cool water in a fine-mesh strainer. Then add to a small saucepan with vegetable stock (or water) and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy like rice. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, prepare dressing by heating a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp. grape seed oil and minced shallot; sauté until tender and slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat to cool.
- Add shallot to a food processor or blender with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Blend until pureed, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To plate, top the mixed greens with slightly cooled quinoa, blueberries, raspberries and walnuts. Serve with dressing. Best when fresh. Serves 2 as an entrée, or 4 as a side dish.
Recipe adapted from minimalistbaker.com.
Share this Recipe