- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 2 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Slice the Brussels sprouts thinly with a chef's knife, or use the slicing blade of a food processor. Reserve.
- Scatter the chopped bacon in a large sauté pan and place over medium heat. Stir the bacon every couple of minutes as the pan starts to sizzle, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a medium bowl lined with 2 paper towels to drain.
- Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat (or less, if desired) from the pan. Add the sliced Brussels sprouts to the hot bacon fat and raise the heat to medium-high. Stir and cook until the Brussels sprouts are browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle in the maple syrup and sprinkle with salt, and stir to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the cooked bacon. Serve immediately.
- Serve these alongside roasted turkey or salmon and mashed potatoes. If you happen to have any leftovers, add them to scrambled eggs for a delightful breakfast.
Recipe adapted from strongertogether.coop
Share this Recipe