Budget Cooking: Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb. Davinci elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup Schroeder butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur unbleached flour
- 2 cups Schroeder skim millk
- 3 cups Rochdale Farms shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. Our Family frozen peas
- 3 cans Our Family canned tuna, drained
- In large pot of lightly-salted water, boil macaroni according to package instructions. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, salt and pepper, and slowly add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add frozen peas to pasta water during the last few minutes of cooking. Drain macaroni and peas; add to cheese sauce. Shred tuna with fork and add to macaroni and peas, stir to combine.
Share this Recipe