- 1 lb large pasta shells
- 16 ounces ricotta
- 2 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 ½ cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar pasta sauce (26 oz)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add shells and continue to boil 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
- Preheat oven to 350 and coat a casserole dish or baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, 2 cups mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, pepper, salt, and minced garlic. Mix all ingredients until incorporated - a hand mixer may be useful.
- Pour ⅔ of sauce into the prepared baking dish. Use a spoon to fill each shell with filling. Place shells side by side in the baking dish.
- Cover shells with remaining sauce and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until filling is hot.
Recipe adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com
Share this Recipe