- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. unsweetened matcha powder, divided
- a pinch of salt
Servings: energy balls
- Place cashews and walnuts in a food processor and grind the nuts to a fine mince, then scrape them to the center of the container. Add the dates, maple syrup or honey, cocoa, 1 tablespoon matcha and salt. Process until the dates form a thick paste and the mixture holds together if you squeeze a bit of it.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture, form into a ball and place into a medium bowl; repeat until all of the mixture has been used. Use a wire mesh strainer to sift the remaining matcha over the balls. Roll the balls around to coat. Store, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Reposted with permission from grocery.coop. Find recipes and articles about your food and where it comes from at grocery.coop.
Share this Recipe