- 2 stalks celery, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 whole carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/2 lb. small potatoes, halved if large
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 3 lbs. corned beef brisket
- 1 Tbsp. pickling spice
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cut into 1/2" wedges
- 1-4 tsps. grainy mustard, for serving
- 4-6 cups water
- In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, place celery, carrots, onion, potatoes, and thyme.
- Place corned beef, fat side up, on top of vegetables and sprinkle with pickling spice; add enough water to almost cover meat (4 to 6 cups). Cover and cook on high until corned beef is tender, roughly 4 1/4 hours (or 8 1/2 hours on low).
- Arrange cabbage over corned beef, cover, and continue cooking until cabbage is tender, about 45 minutes (or 1 1/2 hours on low).
- Thinly slice corned beef against the grain and serve with vegetables, cooking liquid, and grainy mustard.
Adapted from marthastewart.com.
Share this Recipe