- 1/2 lb. kale, stems chopped
- 1 Tbsp.q olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups 2 milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper, to taste
- Wash and stem the kale. Chop stems and leaves into small pieces.
- Melt oil in a large pot. Add kale stems, onion, and potato slices. Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the stems and potato slices are soft when pierced with a knife and onions are translucent. Add garlic and kale leaves, then stir.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Let kale steam for about 5 minutes. Uncover and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the peas and kale mixture into a blender and puree, adding milk as needed for a very smooth puree. Add chopped parsley and blend again until smooth. Serve with bread or crackers and cheese.
Recipe adapted from Welcome to the Table
Photo credit: Amanda Paa, Heartbeet Kitchen
Share this Recipe