- 1/2 lb Mississippi Market loose chorizo sausage
- 2 cups red chile enchilada sauce (reserve 1/4 c for topping)
- 1 lug vegetable oil
- 12 whole corn tortillas
- 12 oz queso fresco, crumbled (reserve 1/4 for topping)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped (reserve 1/4 for topping)
- 2 whole green onions, chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300° F and warm 1 1/2 cup of chile sauce on low.
- Heat heavy skillet on medium. Add chorizo; break up and cook until done. Drain fat from meat. Heat skillet to medium.
- Add enough oil to skillet for dipping tortillas. Have 9 x 13” baking dish ready. Pour small amount of sauce into dish and spread around.
- Using tongs, dip each tortilla into oil for 1–2 seconds. Pull it out, drain, then dip it into chile sauce just long enough to coat it on both sides.
- Place tortilla in baking dish; add a spoonful each of cooked chorizo, queso fresco, chile sauce, and onion.
- Repeat until you have three layers. Repeat to make 3 other stacked enchiladas.
- Pour remaining sauce and toppings over stacks, bake for 10 minutes and garnish.
Share this Recipe