- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-5 leaves collard greens, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 whole baguette, sliced horizontally
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice, optional
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat and add minced garlic. Cook 1-3 minutes or until it starts to smell good.
- Add chopped greens and sauté until bright green and tender (about 10 minutes.)
- Meanwhile fry eggs in pan to your liking and toast baguette.
- When greens are finished cooking, add salt & pepper to taste with optional lemon juice.
- Top toasted baguette with sliced cheese, cooked greens, and fried egg. Serve with salad greens, soup, or on its own!
Adapted from Turnip Rock Farm
Share this Recipe