- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, cashews or walnuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the basil, garlic and nuts until finely chopped. Add the olive oil and process until the sauce is nearly smooth. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Distribute rounded tablespoons of pesto into the wells of an ice cube tray. Freeze until firm, then transfer pesto cubes to an air-tight, freezer-safe container and store in the freezer until ready to use.
Recipe from welcometothetable.coop.
Share this Recipe