- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 lb fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with oil or parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, add the butter and sugar to a bowl and whip until creamed, about 5 minutes. Then add the eggs, vanilla, and greek yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries, reserving a a handful to top the cake. Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan and place remaining strawberry slices on top.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown and batter no longer jiggles when moved, about 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool and serve. Delicious with fresh whipped cream!
Share this Recipe