- 2 medium-large grapefruit
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 large scallion, sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and sliced
- Cut off the top and bottom of each grapefruit; remove rind and pith. Remove membrane separating each segment over a bowl, reserving juices.
- Mix 2 Tbsp. of grapefruit juice with vinegar. Season with salt and pepper; whisk in olive oil to make vinaigrette; taste for flavor. Add sliced scallions to vinaigrette.
- Wash and dry arugula. Cut avocados in half and scoop out flesh, then cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices.
- Dress arugula with 1 Tbsp. of vinaigrette and pile leaves onto a platter. Place avocado and grapefruit slices on top; add remaining vinaigrette.
Adapted from Alice Waters.
Share this Recipe