- 1 lb. Ferndale ground turkey
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 whole hamburger buns
- 1 cucumber sliced, for topping
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced for topping
- 1/2-1 cup tzatziki, for topping homemade (below) or store-bought
- 1 medium tomato, sliced for topping
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, shredded, and juice squeezed out
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high, then oil the grill rack with an oiled paper towel.
- Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Combine the spinach with turkey, feta, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well and form into four patties.
- Grill the patties until cooked through and no longer pink in the center (internal temp of 165 degrees F), 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers on the buns, topping each with tzatziki, cucumber, tomato, and onion.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Check for seasoning and add more dill, lemon, garlic or salt/pepper as desired.
Substitute fresh spinach or greens in place of frozen spinach, if preferred. Simply chop, sauté for 1-2 minutes, and cool greens before mixing into burger.
Share this Recipe