- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and roasted
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 cups arugula or watercress (6 oz)
- 2 whole Belgian endives, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 small head of radicchio, cored and finely shredded
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 3 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 oz log of fresh goat cheese, cut into 8 rounds
- In a bowl, mix the shallot and vinegar; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula, endives, radicchio and almonds.
- In a skillet, heat the oil, rosemary and thyme over moderate heat for 2 minutes, until they sizzle. Stir in the jam and cook until melted, 30 seconds.
- Add the shallot and vinegar and cook over low heat until warmed, 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss. Mound the salad on plates, arrange 2 rounds of goat cheese on each plate and serve.
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Share this Recipe