- 1 lb locally-grown zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick lengthwise
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp locally-grown parsley
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced parsley
- 1-2 cloves local garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
- Heat outdoor or stovetop grill on medium-high.
- When grill is hot, swab both sides of zucchini strips lightly with olive oil and place them on grill. They will take about a minute per side to cook.
- While one side is cooking, sprinkle the other side lightly with salt and pepper. When both sides of zucchini are cooked and puffed up a bit, remove them to a small platter.
- Prepare an herb oil: pour ¼-c. olive oil into a small bowl; add chopped parsley, basil, garlic and herbs, along with salt, pepper and pepper flakes to taste.
- Gently and evenly anoint the zucchini with herb oil. Use a Microplane or other grater with a fine rasp to grate fresh Parmesan over zucchini while it's still warm. Serve at room temperature.
Share this Recipe