- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 head garlic
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or pressed firm tofu)
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place vegetables in large bowl and add enough herb oil so that all vegetables are coated. Depending on your grilling method/surface area, grill the portabellos and the vegetables until they are tender. Swab them with the herb oil as needed. Allow the individual vegetables and mushroom pieces to sit long enough on one side to sear before turning them over.
- As individual vegetables become cooked, remove them to a platter.
- Add chicken or tofu; again, do not busily move it around but instead allow the pieces to sear fully on one side, then turn over. When the chicken juice runs clear yellow, the meat is done.
- Remove chicken; cut into smaller pieces. Heap vegetables, mushrooms, and chicken together.
Serve with a green salad and a side of rice for a delicious meal.
Share this Recipe