- 4 heavy sweet peppers in a variety of colors
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-3 fresh chive leaves
- 1-3 tsp capers, drained
- 1/2 ball hand-pulled mozzarella
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- Grill whole sweet peppers on outdoor or stovetop grill or griddle until skins are charred and blistered. Set aside in a bowl so skins soften and are easy to peel off.
- Peel peppers; cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds and pith; slice lengthwise into strips about 3/4” wide. Season with salt and pepper and put in salad bowl.
- Mince chives; drain and slightly press capers; add to salad bowl.
- Tear mozzarella into small pieces or cube it; add to salad bowl.
- Make a simple vinaigrette with vinegar, olive oil, and mustard (optional); when it has thickened, add to salad bowl.
- Strip thyme leaves from 2–3 stems of thyme; press lightly with side of a knife to bruise leaves slightly. Add them to salad bowl, then use clean hands to gently mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
Share this Recipe