- ½ lb snap peas
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. vegetable broth powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Remove and discard the stem and string from each snap pea, and diagonally slice each pod in half. Remove chicken thighs from package and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook 8–10 minutes until skin is deep golden. Flip chicken and add garlic, vinegar, honey, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then transfer pan to oven and bake for 17 minutes uncovered. Add snap peas to pan and bake 5 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Prepare couscous while chicken bakes. Bring 1½ cups water to a boil in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Add broth powder, dried dill, dried parsley, salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir in couscous, bring back to a boil, and then remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes, tightly covered. Gently mix in green onion and fluff with a fork. Divide couscous among four plates and top with chicken and snap pea mixture, spooning any extra pan sauce over the top. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe