- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cabbage
- 2 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 links pork sausage
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender.
- As the potatoes are cooking, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add cabbage and 1/2 cup onion and saute until soft but not brown. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and mash by hand. Incorporate the milk and butter into the potatoes until well mixed, and fold in the cooked cabbage and onions. Season to taste.
- Fry sausage in another skillet over medium-high heat, until browned. Remove the sausage from the pan.
- In the pan juices, saute 2 cups chopped onion until lightly browned. Add beef broth, bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes. Thicken with cornstarch.
- Place one scoop of potatoes in the center of a serving plate, top with two sausages, and cover with gravy.
Reposted with permission from grocery.coop. Find recipes and articles about your food and where it comes from at grocery.coop.
Share this Recipe