- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. uncooked Italian sausage links (plant-based or meat)
- 1/2 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- Heat the oven to 400°F. In a large roasting pan, combine the parsnips, sweet potato, red onions, garlic, sage, pepper and salt, and drizzle with vegetable oil. Toss to coat. Pierce each sausage link four times on one side with a paring knife, then turn over and pierce four more times. Place the sausages on the vegetables and cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then uncover the pan, stir and turn the sausages, and roast for 15 minutes longer, uncovered. The vegetables should be tender when pierced with a paring knife; if the vegetables are in larger chunks, they may need more time to cook. When the vegetables are tender, add the kale to the hot pan and stir, then roast for 10 minutes longer. Serve hot.
This is an easy and filling fall dish, and the ingredients are very flexible. Substitute your favorite root vegetables for the parsnip and sweet potato, or use any type of link sausage.
Reposted with permission from grocery.coop. Find recipes and articles about your food and where it comes from at grocery.coop.
Share this Recipe