- 1 lb extra firm tofu, pressed to remove water and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, minced (reserve 1 Tbsp for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp thyme, dried
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp group allspice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- To press tofu: wrap it in a clean, lint-free towel or place it between two plates, then add a 2 to 3 pound weight on top (a cookbook works well) and let it sit for 15 minutes or more to remove excess water.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the jerk sauce ingredients. Reserve 4 tablespoons of the sauce for dressing the tofu when cooked.
- Marinate the pressed, cubed tofu in the jerk sauce for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Place the tofu and marinade onto an oiled sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes; then gently stir or flip the tofu and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the tofu is firm and the sauce is absorbed. On a separate oiled sheet pan, bake the pineapple cubes for 20 – 25 minutes until they just start to brown.
- Toss the pineapple and tofu together. Drizzle with the remaining 4 tablespoons of jerk sauce and garnish with chives and diced red pepper. Serve over a bed of greens or crisp lettuce.
Share this Recipe