- 5-6 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cut kernels from each cob with a sharp knife.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and green onions and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes, then add corn and salt to taste.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring, and finish with a few drops of balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar. Remove from heat, add fresh basil and serve.
- Serving suggestions: Pair with a crusty baguette and a hunk of cheese for a simple summer dinner, or serve as a side dish with grilled meats.
Adapted from cooking.nytimes.com.
Share this Recipe