- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into medium florets (8 cups)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, add cauliflower and cook 5-7 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water, and set aside.
- Melt butter in same pot over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk, garlic, and reserved cooking water, and cook 7-10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir-in cheese, nutritional yeast, cayenne, and egg yolks until cheese is melted. Fold in cauliflower.
- Coat a baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Spread cauliflower mixture in baking dish, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Adapted from www.vegetariantimes.com
Share this Recipe