- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax + 6 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup destemmed and finely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into a flour (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup finely grated sweet potato
- 1/4 cup kalmata olives
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free or regular all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax seed and water in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl along with the flax seed mix.
- Shape mixture into 1/4-cup patties with wet hands. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip cakes, and bake for 10-12 minutes until they start to brown.
- Delicious served as is, on a bun, in a wrap or over a greek salad!
Recipe slightly adapted from http://ohsheglows.com/2014/08/13/crispy-quinoa-cakes-vegan-gluten-free-nut-free/
Share this Recipe