- 1 medium to large Local Featherstone Farm organic butternut squash
- 3-4 Tbsp La Riojana Fairtrade organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
- Place both squash halves in a broiler pan, cut side facing up, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn squash face side down in pan and pour in 1/4 cup of water.
- Bake uncovered for roughly 40-45 minutes until squash becomes soft and caramelized. Test firmness of squash with a fork while roasting.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving. Scoop out flesh with a spoon and serve as is or mashed. Garnish with rosemary.
Share this Recipe