- 1 oz dried porcini mushrooms, reconstituted and thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth + strained mushroom rehydrating liquid
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the onion in 1 Tbsp. of butter over low heat until translucent.
- Add the rice and toast while stirring.
- Add the white wine. Cook until you can no longer smell the alcohol.
- Add the reconstituted mushrooms.
- Slowly add the stock in 8 oz increments, letting it simmer down almost completely before adding more. Stir frequently.
- Taste the rice for texture. It is done when al dente.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the cheese and 1 Tbsp. of butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with the remaining cheese.
Recipe courtesy of MycoLogical Gourmet Dried Mushrooms.
Share this Recipe