- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- Wipe mushroom caps with a damp paper towel to clean. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to skillet. Add onions and peppers along with a pinch of salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned in spots, 7-8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, spices, and 3 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender. Enjoy with sliced avocado.
This is delicious with salsa served over rice, in tortillas, or in lettuce wraps!
Share this Recipe