- 1 bunch collard greens, washed well, large stems removed
- 4 oz. rice noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, blanch leaves of collard greens for about one minute each. Set them gently on a towel to dry.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles well and toss with tamari, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame seeds. Set aside.
- To prepare wraps, lay out one blanched leaf, stem side toward you. Line the middle of the leaf, left to right, with about ¼ to ½ cup of rice noodles. On top of the rice noodles, pile a few pieces of carrot, red cabbage, and red pepper. Sprinkle with a pinch of green onions and cilantro. Fold the bottom of the collard leaf up over fillings. Fold in the right and left sides of collard leaf and roll toward the top, like making a burrito. Set aside and repeat process with remaining collard green leaves and fillings. Serve with peanut sauce (if desired).
Recipe adapted from Welcome to the Table
Photo credit: Amanda Paa, Heartbeet Kitchen
Share this Recipe